Friday, October 30, 2009

Rome: Total War


I bought a video game a few months ago called Rome: Total War, but I never had the opportunity to really sit down and play it. I really enjoy Roman history and ever more as I realize how intensely it has impacted Christianity.

The real reason I bought the game was for one reason. The History Channel had a show on that boasted "video game technology" called Decisive Battles Of the Ancient World. It used the game engine from Rome: Total War to recreate its battles. I watched the show on a regular basis while in college until it had run its course.

Anyway, I just started playing it recently. The goal is to play as one of the major Roman families or one of its enemies such as Carthage or the Selucid Empire and conquer the whole of the world. Pretty straight forward, but really immerse.

Now if they'd only come out with Christianity: Total Conversion...

+Kyrie Eleison+

No comments: